So I promised some custom NSDictionary key code and here it is. For those of you not in the know, I’m using A* Pathing for my monsters. For a game like this, A* Pathing is really easy. I have a 10×10 grid of 32×32 squares, so it’s not like I’m Pathing across the entire 320×320
So, After several long months of not doing anything development-related, I’m back on track! I’ve hired an artist to do my monsters for me, and the draft he’s sent over is excellent. In other news, I’ve now got an iPhone 4. Yay! It took all weekend to update my tower defense game so it runs
Yay! So the books arrived from the publisher! Woo!
Hello all! Laser Squid Nemesis! is now a fully-developed product available from BlackWyrm Books and Games for Free RPG Day 2011!!! Head to your FLGS to get it! -Stephen
I’ve done some more work on Laser Squid Nemesis!!! So go check it out. You don’t want to miss out on this Deep and Immersive experience! 😀
Okay, so I got fed up with XCode’s default headerdoc format. And how NOTHING was showing up in all the C++ code libraries I use. So, I changed it. Here’s the details so you can to! $ cd /Developer/Library/PrivateFrameworks/XcodeEdit.framework/Versions/A/Resources $ cp C.xclangspec C.xclangspec.bkup $ vim C.xclangspec In the file, search with /MARK: HeaderDoc to find
Had a couple of solid Saturdays to work on my Tower Defense game, and it’s coming along nicely! Added a main menu and popups. Here’s a video: Horay! Progress! It’s looking more like a real game now!
So, despite having trolled the internet all day, I’ve got some fairly superficial updates done. But it involved some pixel art on my part! Gotta love the Bump Map tool in Gimp. You’re my best friend! No video because it’s like, 12:30am. I don’t feel like wrestling with iMovie. You can’t see it in the
Woo! Second update this holiday weekend. Dragons provided by: EBTsukuruCharMonsters2008_04 Still following some of Ray Wenderlich’s tutorials.
Woo! I’ve got mazing done! Haha, hopefully this will rock. I’m using “A* Pathing” to perform the searches. Also, I’m caching these paths, so hopefully all I need to do is find 1 path per level (unless the player updates their path) and then all monsters will be able to walk this path. That’ll come